New York City

George Floyd Protests: This was the Example. Leaders Facing Leaders and Coming Together in Peace
4 years ago

George Floyd Protests: This was the Example. Leaders Facing Leaders and Coming Together in Peace

Blessed are the peacemakers. What we’ve seen erupting across U.S. Cities, we can acknowledge that we need an anchor of peace, restoration and unity. We need heart, wisdom, leadership, and justice.

Read More

Crisis Text Line Providing Support for Healthcare Professionals and Essential Workers
4 years ago

Crisis Text Line Providing Support for Healthcare Professionals and Essential Workers

During our COVID-19 pandemic world crisis, our health care professionals are getting the job done by providing and protecting people at their very worse while risking their own health. And …
Read More

Conscious Issue 05 NYC Release Party
7 years ago

Conscious Issue 05 NYC Release Party

Conscious Magazine celebrated the release of Issue 05 alongside New York City’s social good community at Birch Coffee’s flagship location on 27th and Madison Avenue. Created to be intimate, the …
Read More

PROJECT: A Las Vegas Tradeshow For The Conscious Fashion Retailer [Event]
8 years ago

PROJECT: A Las Vegas Tradeshow For The Conscious Fashion Retailer [Event]

The number of conscious fashion retailers and social entrepreneurs is on the rise and the PROJECT Show is the best one-stop shop for anyone who is ready to explore a …
Read More

Conscious x SoulCycle Charity and Issue 04 Release Ride
8 years ago

Conscious x SoulCycle Charity and Issue 04 Release Ride

Team Conscious joined forces with SoulCycle in Bryant Park for a charity Issue 04 release ride to support the Dave Nee Foundation. It was a sunny day in the middle …
Read More

Conscious Issue 04 NYC Release Party
8 years ago

Conscious Issue 04 NYC Release Party

About our New York City Issue 04 Release Party…it was a bit of a dream, and we are on cloud nine thinking about all of you who joined us for the …
Read More

The Art Space: Editor’s Guide To Art in New York City [September 2015]
9 years ago

The Art Space: Editor’s Guide To Art in New York City [September 2015]

Presented by Baxter & Co. Our Editors are off to galleries and museums this season to discover inspiration and creativity by exploring the arts and culture scene in New York City, …
Read More

Conscious Issue 03 NYC Release Party
9 years ago

Conscious Issue 03 NYC Release Party

August 12, 2015 – The Conscious Team and New York’s startup and social good community came together to celebrate the release of Conscious Issue 03. Our most recent issue encourages others to “Pursue your legacy …
Read More

Out Living It With First Descents
9 years ago

Out Living It With First Descents

There we were, Out Living It, ready to begin our Kayak adventure on the Hudson River at Pier 84 in New York City.  I introduced myself as Rachael from Conscious Magazine to my new-found …
Read More

How To Become A Committed Environmentalist
9 years ago

How To Become A Committed Environmentalist

For many of us, we may not be paying close attention to the current wildlife status simply because it’s not at the forefront of our conversations or media until something …
Read More

6 Organizations Guiding and Empowering New York City’s Youth
9 years ago

6 Organizations Guiding and Empowering New York City’s Youth

According to the American Community Survey conducted by the US Census Bureau there are 1,940,269 youths under the age of 18 years old living in New York City.[1] That is …
Read More

More Than 60,000 Homeless in NYC And How You Can Help
9 years ago

More Than 60,000 Homeless in NYC And How You Can Help

It is quite possible that wherever one may walk in the city one may be greeted by a homeless person, or in actuality, one is given an opportunity to help …
Read More

The Weekend: Olivia Wilde + Conscious Commerce Making Headlines For Conscious Fashion
9 years ago

The Weekend: Olivia Wilde + Conscious Commerce Making Headlines For Conscious Fashion

Images: Conscious Commerce  It’s the weekend! This just in -Olivia Wilde + Conscious Commerce have made some pretty sweet headlines for Conscious fashion over on E! News, The …
Read More

Innovating Gotham: Interview with Ariel Kennan of Designing Government
10 years ago

Innovating Gotham: Interview with Ariel Kennan of Designing Government

Ariel Kennan is a designer who has created everything from policy to public spaces. She is the co-founder of Designing Government, an online resource and gathering place …
Read More

Ready To Launch Your Startup? Get Plugged In With Startup Weekend
10 years ago

Ready To Launch Your Startup? Get Plugged In With Startup Weekend

Photos by Ingrid Spielman

Startup Weekend, the Social Impact edition, held this Summer in New York City at the East Village WeWork headquarters, brought together those who are …
Read More

The Feast: Introducing “Right To Play” and 5 Ways to Make Work Fun
10 years ago

The Feast: Introducing “Right To Play” and 5 Ways to Make Work Fun

After a car trip, a metro-north ride, and a subway transfer I found myself outside The Meatball Shop in Chelsea ready to enter my first Feast. To be honest, I …
Read More

I’m ME: David Nelson of the NY Jets Hosts An Evening To Celebrate The Kids
10 years ago

I’m ME: David Nelson of the NY Jets Hosts An Evening To Celebrate The Kids

Photo by Michael Loccisano / Getty Images for I’m ME 

During a trip to Haiti, David Nelson (WR, New York Jets) asked a child what he wanted. This …
Read More

Governors Ball Gives Back to NYC
10 years ago

Governors Ball Gives Back to NYC

New York City kicked off this year’s festival season with a bang: Governors Ball Music Festival was a three-day whirlwind of hot sun and even hotter bands. …
Read More

Your July Guide to Everything Cool + Conscious in NYC
10 years ago

Your July Guide to Everything Cool + Conscious in NYC

Photo Credit: Mel Barlow & Co. Editor’s Note: Alden Wicker of EcoCult joins Conscious to share about “Cool + Conscious Things To Do in NYC” here on consciousmagazine.co. Check out …
Read More

Conscious LA: Release Party in New York City
10 years ago

Conscious LA: Release Party in New York City

We at Conscious Magazine celebrated the release of our second print issue, The Los Angeles Issue at the “Cool” STORY in New York City. (Note, our next release party is …
Read More

Innovating Gotham: Lara Torvi And Modernizing Government Technology
10 years ago

Innovating Gotham: Lara Torvi And Modernizing Government Technology

Lara Torvi is the Communications Manager at the New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (NYC DOITT). NYC DOITT is responsible for modernizing government technology; improving IT …
Read More

Going Green, The Future of Red Hook, and A Discussion About Climate Change:
10 years ago

Going Green, The Future of Red Hook, and A Discussion About Climate Change:

[metaslider id=56904] Featuring: An Interview with Gita Nandan of NY Rising.

In May our friends from The Feast NYC, a monthly dinner series that gathers creatives, and entrepreneurs for inspired …
Read More

Innovating Gotham: Interview with Chelsea Mauldin of Public Policy Lab
10 years ago

Innovating Gotham: Interview with Chelsea Mauldin of Public Policy Lab

Chelsea Mauldin is the Executive Director of the Public Policy Lab, which works with public agencies to identify service-design challenges. The Public Policy Lab assembles teams that translate complex …
Read More

Places To Go: “Good” STORY in New York City
10 years ago

Places To Go: “Good” STORY in New York City

[easyrotator]erc_79_1399585612[/easyrotator]

This month, STORY, a New York City based retail space is featuring an inspiring line-up of conscious goods. Founded by Rachel Shechtman, the 2000 square foot store located on 10th Avenue in …
Read More

Building Community – 6 Tips To Creating A Great Community Space
10 years ago

Building Community – 6 Tips To Creating A Great Community Space

Third to our homes and the workplace, the “third space” is a term used to identify an influential social space that we gather around to establish …
Read More