VSCO Give And A Collaboration With Krochet Kids International & Why To Take Notice
What's new in the world of Krochet Kids intl.? An amazing GIVE collaboration with Visual Supply Company. This exciting and inspiring collaboration continues to tell the story of these two organizations that we previously featured with Conscious Magazine in print (Krochet Kids intl.), and via consciousmagazine.co web stories (VSCO). This collaboration is part of VSCO Give, a charitable extension of the company.
Krochet Kids intl. is a non-profit social capitalism brand that empowers people by creating, selling apparel knit & crochet hats for babies, men, and women. Visual Supply Company, also known as VSCO (pronounced Vis-Co), is the renowned photo editing app for the photography community.
Together, Krochet Kids intl. and VSCO have collaborated on a limited edition beanie collection that will help women in Peru by giving them the tools they need to break the cycle of poverty. "The knit hat is created by KKi’s empowerment project in Peru and will be available in red, silver, and black. 100% of the proceeds from the hat will go back to KKi's project in Peru ($31.95). Each beanie is hand-signed by the Peruvian woman who made them." -VSCO
The collaboration also came with travel where VSCO visited KKi's project in Peru to take portraits of the women there. "Their smiles were infectious and their joy overflowing. We witnessed the great pride they take in their work, creating handmade clothing and accessories that represent their determination and dedication to their goals." -VSCO. The team at VSCO also connected with a woman named Pilar Vila, whose story is similar to many of her peers. Before KKi, Pilar struggled to provide for her family. Her life has since been transformed.
Kohl Crecelius, co-founder of Krochet Kids intl. shares a few reasons why you should take notice.
1) This is a big deal for VSCO, as it is one of the major partnerships that is kicking off their VSCO Give initiative
2) Everyone loves VSCO’s digital tools, but this is a way to have a tangible representation of all the things you love about their brand and the impact that’s had through Krochet Kids intl.
3) VSCO went to Krochet Kids Peru and filmed this great video
4) As a non-profit, Krochet Kids intl. is constantly pushing to have our branding and imagery be on par with the rest of the fashion/lifestyle world, and partnerships like this help affirm this and (hopefully) motivate other non-profits to tell their stories well.
Learn more about this beautiful story and collaboration on VSCO.
Images by David Garvin, Cara Flory, and Joel Flory
Act with your support by:
1) sharing about this collaboration
2) adding a meaningful & stylish beanie to your wardrobe.
From the Editor
At Conscious, we are inspired by remarkable people, and so we set out to tell stories that highlight real human interactions and human dignity. You can read more stories like this when you pick up your copy of Conscious Magazine. Subscribe today via our Conscious Shop and subscribe to Conscious Updates.