Community

Purposity—Connecting You to Real-Time and Urgent Needs in Your Community
4 years ago

Purposity—Connecting You to Real-Time and Urgent Needs in Your Community

One day it seemed okay, the next day, everything changed. The rapid shift in culture, due to the coronavirus pandemic, called for an even faster call to pause. However, needs …
Read More

Stay At Home Gift!
4 years ago

Stay At Home Gift!

We want to help fill up your weekend as we’re still encouraged to stay at home. What’s important right now is staying safe, healthy, and strong! Let’s take a …
Read More

Conscious x Justice Film Festival: Shining a Light on Social Justice
4 years ago

Conscious x Justice Film Festival: Shining a Light on Social Justice

What a stellar moment for New York City as the 7th annual Justice Film Festival returns to The Sheen Center for Thought and Culture.

The Justice Film Festival inspires justice seekers …
Read More

HYROX is for Every Body—But Why?
5 years ago

HYROX is for Every Body—But Why?

HYROX is a one-day fitness competition event that takes place in large arenas. It is a combination of 8 x 1k runs and 8 functional fitness exercises. Each competitor or …
Read More

The 2019 Social Good Summit—3 Big Ideas to Take Us Forward 
5 years ago

The 2019 Social Good Summit—3 Big Ideas to Take Us Forward 

“Our impact is unimaginably amplified when we work together.” —Asha Curran, CEO of Giving Tuesday  

The 2019 Social Good Summit (presented by 92Y, Mashable, the United Nations Foundation, and the …
Read More

Building “Talent Communities” Around The Globe
5 years ago

Building “Talent Communities” Around The Globe

Satyen Choksh speaks passionately when asked about working conditions in India and other developing nations. Being an Indian-American entrepreneur and small business owner himself, Satyen is a fervent advocate for …
Read More

Veganism—Why It’s Becoming A Movement of Our Time
5 years ago

Veganism—Why It’s Becoming A Movement of Our Time

Every century has its own movement or movements. These uprisings are signposts that connote humanity’s shift towards being more compassionate and evolved. The abolitionist movement, the civil rights movement, feminism, …
Read More

Earth Day—Educating Ourselves through Lessons in History and Current Events
5 years ago

Earth Day—Educating Ourselves through Lessons in History and Current Events

As Earth Day approaches us, I can just see the flood of Google searches of “what to do on Earth Day” and the influx of articles telling you 5 small …
Read More

Becoming Conscious: We Can’t Change Everything, But We Can Change a Lot of Little Somethings
5 years ago

Becoming Conscious: We Can’t Change Everything, But We Can Change a Lot of Little Somethings

I didn’t see who slipped in behind me until the elevator doors had closed.

My senses took in the scene faster than my brain could process. A case of …
Read More

CONSCIOUS x WHO THEY ARE | The Impact of Air Travel Tourism on Modern Day Slavery
5 years ago

CONSCIOUS x WHO THEY ARE | The Impact of Air Travel Tourism on Modern Day Slavery

This article is presented by Who They Are, a collaborative Media Partner of Conscious Magazine. Please visit whotheyare.com for more Freedom Fighter stories.

While one may experience the …
Read More

3 Core Values for Impact-Driven Travel Presented by Above Safaris
5 years ago

3 Core Values for Impact-Driven Travel Presented by Above Safaris

Travel changes us. It gives us the rare opportunity to experience new environments, challenge our perspectives, and create meaningful connections with people from vastly different backgrounds. These connections lead us …
Read More

11 Organizations Creating a World Without Human Trafficking Presented by Who They Are
5 years ago

11 Organizations Creating a World Without Human Trafficking Presented by Who They Are

January is the official month for Human Trafficking Awareness. In 2019, we have the tools to gain knowledge within seconds. With passenger self-driven cars, taking flight over oceans, practically living …
Read More

The Impact of the Water Crisis on Families Around the World
5 years ago

The Impact of the Water Crisis on Families Around the World

Around the world, people have found new life because of clean water. Access to abundances of clean water is an issue many people deal with every day. According to the …
Read More

Giving Tuesday—20 Ways to Help Good Go Viral!
5 years ago

Giving Tuesday—20 Ways to Help Good Go Viral!

Giving Tuesday is all about global generosity and is a movement to create an international day of charitable giving at the beginning of the Christmas and holiday season. Giving Tuesday inspires …
Read More

Signs Of Domestic Violence And How To Help
5 years ago

Signs Of Domestic Violence And How To Help

On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide. (National Coalition Against Domestic Abuse).

According to The Joyful Heart Foundation, a domestic violence …
Read More

Haiti Is Full Of Friendship. Our Week With Team i’m ME
6 years ago

Haiti Is Full Of Friendship. Our Week With Team i’m ME

As part of building Conscious Magazine, some of our lifelong goals are to serve alongside the amazing people we feature and join them in their mission work. ​This is what …
Read More

Why Fair Trade Matters
7 years ago

Why Fair Trade Matters

Conscious shoppers have a lot to consider during their everyday purchases–whether it’s the types of ingredients in products at the grocery store, how clothes are manufactured, or …
Read More

YOUTH: THE DRIVING FORCE OF SOCIAL CHANGE
7 years ago

YOUTH: THE DRIVING FORCE OF SOCIAL CHANGE

Editor’s Note Conscious Magazine has teamed up with Kellie Kreiss, Co-Founder of Global Populace, to tell stories of impact that encourage an exchange of ideas. Find out more about Kellie …
Read More

Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To Honor Those Who Have Battled Breast Cancer
7 years ago

Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To Honor Those Who Have Battled Breast Cancer

One in eight women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during her lifetime. Breast cancer is the second most common cancer diagnosed worldwide. Of the predicted …
Read More

5 Ways To Leave Positive Footprints on Your Travels
7 years ago

5 Ways To Leave Positive Footprints on Your Travels

The old adage that travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer is very true. I firmly believe that travel, especially solo travel, is one of …
Read More

State Bags Launches #WhatDoWeTellTheKids Initiative and Day of Generosity in Chicago
7 years ago

State Bags Launches #WhatDoWeTellTheKids Initiative and Day of Generosity in Chicago

A story where the answer is in the investment. 

“What do we tell the kids?”, a question the State Bags Co-Founders, Scot and Jacqueline Tatelman, asked themselves when only …
Read More

Artificial Intelligence And The Age Of Empathy
7 years ago

Artificial Intelligence And The Age Of Empathy

Lately, AI has been the source of various articles and discussions. A new frontier, a new era, and a new industrial revolution have been dawning. Google’s chairman Eric Schmidt calls …
Read More

7 Ways to Create and Enjoy a Conscious Summer
7 years ago

7 Ways to Create and Enjoy a Conscious Summer

Ahhh summer. For many of us, this means longer days, trips to the beach, and loads of sunshine. Even though I live in Southern California, where one might argue summer …
Read More

How the GoodKarms Community App is Spreading Good Vibes on the Daily
7 years ago

How the GoodKarms Community App is Spreading Good Vibes on the Daily

When was the last time you went online and had a meaningful interaction with someone? Was that someone a stranger?

Probably not. The truth is, outside of work or school, …
Read More

Conscious Issue 05 NYC Release Party
7 years ago

Conscious Issue 05 NYC Release Party

Conscious Magazine celebrated the release of Issue 05 alongside New York City’s social good community at Birch Coffee’s flagship location on 27th and Madison Avenue. Created to be intimate, the …
Read More